Art Note Cards Bring Your Designs To The World
Do you have an artistic soul? If so, you know that you are destined to share your art with the world, and nothing can stop you. Printing and distributing fine art note cards is one top way to put your art out there. Whether you’re printing your own art or someone else’s, this guide will give you the insider knowledge you need to print your very own custom art note cards.
Art Note Card Design Tips
Keep the following ideas in mind as you design your note cards.
Create A PDF File Of Your Art
Your first step is to create a PDF file of the art that you’d like to include on your art note cards. This might mean taking a picture of a painting, scanning a drawing, or saving an image made in Photoshop. Either way, your final product will be a PDF image, which is easy for your printing company to use. If you need to convert your digital file to a PDF, you can do so using an online file converter.
In order to make your PDF file the right size, consider your card’s borders. Do you want the art to continue all the way to the edge of the card? Or would you rather leave a white border around the edge?
If you’d like your art to continue to the edge of the card, be sure to include bleed, which occurs when you create a digital file that extends slightly beyond the edge of the paper. Then, the design will extend all the way to the edge of the paper when it is cut to size. Your printing company can answer any questions you have about bleed or and help you include it in your document.
Consider Your Desired Card Size
If you’re creating art specifically for art note cards, keep your preferred card dimensions in mind as you create your art. That way, you will already know the width-to-height ratio of the finished card, so you can plan your composition accordingly. Doing this advanced planning might seem unimportant at first, but it will make your finished cards that much better.
Some of the most common art note card sizes include the following:
On the other hand, if you’re turning pre-existing art into note cards, don’t worry. Your cards will still look great, no matter the dimensions of the original work. If you have questions about card dimensions or how to adapt your art to fit a card size, feel free to ask your printing company for their expert advice.
How To Print Art Note Cards
Once you have a PDF file of your finished artwork, it’s time to order your cards. Here are the decisions you’ll need to make and some ideas to keep in mind as you’re completing the printing process.
Flat Or Folded
First, you can choose whether you’d prefer flat or folded cards. Folded cards provide more space for writing notes, whereas flat cards are slimmer and sleeker. Many art note cards are printed on folded cards in order to be sent as greeting cards. However, they are also well-adapted for flat note cards which can be framed and put on the wall.
Consider Both Sides
Next, decide whether you’d prefer to print on one or both sides of your card. One great option is printing in full color on one side and including a short message in black ink on the backside. Or, go all out and print in color on both sides, creating a beautiful, multifaceted work of art!
Choose Your Paper
As you’re printing your fine art note cards, one of your biggest choices is the paper you’d like to use. You have many options, all of which contribute differently to the finished product. Some of ZoePrint’s top paper recommendations include:
- 80# Uncoated Premium Cover.This is a matte (non-gloss) card stock containing 10% post consumer recycled content and is classified as 98 brightness. It is made in the USA and is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and the Rainforest Alliance.
- 80# Gloss Cover.This paper is a coated card stock containing 10% post consumer recycled content. It is made in the USA and is certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative. Please keep in mind that gloss stock is usually harder to write on than uncoated stock.
- 12 Point Coated 1 Side Cover.This is a heavier weight card stock. It has a glossy finish on one side to showcase your graphics and is uncoated on the other side to make it easier for writing and postal machines. This paper is certified by The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
- 14 Point Coated 1 Side Cover.This heavier weight stock has a glossy finish on both sides. It is certified by The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
- 100# Cover Uncoated 100% Recycled Post Consumer Waste.This card stock is the best option for the environment, as it is made of 100% post consumer waste material. It is uncoated, giving it a sturdy look.
If you have questions about paper or would like to use a different paper, your printer would be happy to accommodate your request.
Contact Your Printer And Place Your Order
Now that you’ve made all the necessary decisions, it’s time to order your fine art note cards! Depending on the printing company you’re working with, you might email your PDF, upload it to a portal, or bring it in person on a USB drive. At ZoePrint, we offer a convenient online portal that makes online ordering easy.
Once your art note cards have been printed, they’ll show up at your door. Voila!
Print Your Art Note Cards With ZoePrint
Here at ZoePrint, we are experts at printing custom art note cards. With decades of experience working with artists in all media across the country, we know how to help you bring your art to the world. Let us know if you have any questions; we’re happy to help! Order your art note cards online or request a custom quote today.